Open Boat Fishing Trips
Lakeview Marina, in partnership with Lake Hopatcong Guide Service, is happy to now offer Open Boat Fishing Trips. These are open boat, head boat style fishing trips with others. You will be fishing aboard one of Lakeview's luxurious pontoon boats, all of which are equipped with fish finders to maximize your success. Trips are 4 hours long and our boats will depart from Lakeview Marina on set dates and times. You will be fishing the hottest bite on the lake each time out, as the fishing location will be provided daily by Aaron Graybill, full-time fishing guide and founder of Lake Hopatcong Guide Service.
- The Boat: New 22' Bennington pontoon boat equipped with Fish Finder
- Guests: Up to 8 (4 guest minimum to leave the dock)
- Trip Duration: 4 hrs
- Cost: $75 x person
- What's Included: Boat, gas, driver
- Additional Costs: Nightcrawlers (worms) are sold onboard for $5 per pack. Rod rentals are available for $10. Tackle for bottom fishing with live bait is available to use for $5.
- Booking: Reservation required. For schedule and booking, call Lakeview Marina @ (973) 663-2935
Rules and Instructions
- Your driver is responsible for leaving the dock promptly at the specified time, providing a safe and enjoyable outing, and returning back to the dock promptly at the end of the trip. There is no mate and customers are responsible for all their own fishing-related tasks (knots, baiting hooks, removing fish, etc.).
- A valid fishing license is required for anglers aged 16 - 69 (a license is not required for children 15 and under and anglers 70 and older). A Trout stamp is required to keep trout for the dinner table. This should be considered if fishing in April or May.
- You can purchase a license and read about the regulations here: https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/fishneed.htm
- Vertical presentations only, no casting allowed when boat is full.
- Live bait, bottom fishing
- Vertical jigging artificial lures
- Catch and release is highly encouraged. Anglers wishing to keep fish are asked to bring a bucket (No large coolers allowed). No fish cleaning services are provided.
- Night crawlers are sold onboard ($5 cash)
- Anglers wishing to use Herring or other live minnows may do so, but they are NOT provided. If you plan to use minnows, you are responsible for getting them prior to the trip and keeping them alive while fishing. An insulated bait bucket with a bubbler is recommended.
Arrival and Exiting
- Guests are asked to arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before trip departure. Due to a number of factors, we must limit the congregation of large groups and noise levels.
- Guests are asked to clean up their fishing area and pack their gear on the way back to the dock at the end of the trip. Due to our location in a residential area, all guests MUST keep noise to a minimum and exit promptly upon return.